2021 is one of the best times and the worst times to be a musician.
On the one hand, the industry is more saturated than ever. You don’t just have to compete with signed artists who work their way to the top by performing gigs and working hard. You also have to compete with YouTube musicians, Instagram artists, and the countless independent artists who make a living through iTunes, Spotify, and other platforms.
At the same time, it has never been easier to put your music out there or to create it in the first place. Every aspiring musician can turn their basement or bedroom into a makeshift studio, before launching music for free on a variety of platforms.
If you create great music and are confident that you have what it takes, this is the guide for you.
It contains insightful tips from Jordan Fox, a master in celebrity branding, and it will show you how to build a social media presence that you can use to promote your music or prepare for a second career. You can turn those 100 or 200 followers into 100k or 200k, going from a complete unknown into a promising young artist with a growing following.
You can see the full guide to celebrity branding below, but here’s a little taster to prepare you:
- Discover Why It Isn’t Happening for You: Success doesn’t come overnight, even if you’re producing great music. You need to bide your time and make sure you’re following an optimal growth strategy, such as the one outlined in this guide.
- Which Platforms to Use: Should you promote yourself through YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, or another platform? The answer is not as straightforward as you might think, but it’s one of the first things that you need to learn.
- How to Stand Out from the Crowd: Being good isn’t always enough. You need to be different, as well, and that’s easier said than done when you’re competing with millions of other artists. We’ll show you how to make yourself original and how to create content that helps you to stand out.
- Why You Should Never Fake it: Authenticity is very important. Nothing attracts a fanbase more than an artist who is genuine, authentic, and never tries to deceive their fanbase. Stay authentic from day 1 and you will avoid issues at a later date.
- How to Get Help: The great thing about platforms like YouTube is that you only need a phone and a little know-how to create content. You don’t need to be a social media expert and you definitely don’t need to invest huge sums of money into your projects. However, if you have a little money, you can hire others to help you. It could make all of the difference when it comes to creating content and getting your name out there.
To learn more straight from the horse’s mouth, watch the video below or read the accompanying guide. Your music career is counting on it!
Jordan Fox is an expert in personal branding and has worked for a host of major celebrities, including the massively successful and multi-awarding winning Alicia Keys.
He specializes in helping artists to increase their exposure, increase their following, and launch new products, and in the latest episode of This Week With Sabir, he discussed some of his tips and techniques.
You can watch the full episode above and read more about the points that we discussed in this guide.
Check out the $100,000 Expert Insights – Part 2: Celebrity Branding Tips with Jordan Fox