How do you create memorable, thought-provoking content? What makes ad campaigns special and unique? What separates an effective ad campaign from a complete flop?
These are the questions at the center of my discussion with Jason Beauregard, an expert in creating impactful, award-winning content. He knows how to shoot videos that get the job done, regardless of the target demographic or budget.
Beauregard discussed his methods during an hour-long interview, and they have also been highlighted during the accompanying guide below.
To give you a taster of what’s to come, here’s a quick summary:
- How to Create on a Budget: Beauregard tells the story of being asked to shoot a major video on a shoestring budget. He talks about his process and his strategies, including limiting the shoot to a single camera and using innovative tricks to save money. If you don’t have the capital, you just need to get creative. It’s the script and the direction that makes a great video, and you don’t need a big budget for that,
- Heart-Warming Stories: Regardless of the message, it’s important to touch people with heartwarming stories. It’s something that you will find at the heart of Beauregard’s work, including his award-winning commercials for FIFA. Consumers are more likely to remember your brand and to pay attention to your products/services if you touch their hearts.
- The Importance of Authenticity: It’s important to remain honest with everything that you do. It doesn’t matter who your target audience is, they’re not stupid and you can’t pull the wool over their eyes. Tell a story that is honest, authentic, and to the point, and you’ll win them over more than if you were to try and dazzle them with lies and grandiose claims.
- Create What You Like: You’re not just a marketer or a filmmaker. You’re also a consumer, which means you can put yourself in the shoes of your target demographic. If you’re struggling to create something that will appeal to them and make them buy the product or service, just create something that will convince you to make the same commitment. Wear your consumer hat for a moment and use it to brainstorm a winning idea.
- The Process: What does an expert marketer think about when planning a new campaign? How do they prepare, what goes through their head, and what steps do they take? To help fledgling content creators, Jason Beauregard has outlined his entire process and has also discussed how this process has changed over the years as he has moved from an unknown creator into an established one.
In addition to all of the above, Jason Beauregard provides a wealth of other top tips about marketing and video creation.
Whether you’re shooting your own marketing videos or looking to establish yourself as a content creator, this guide is not to be missed.
So, keep reading to learn more and if you’re more of a visual person, or you want to see some of Beauregard’s award-winning adverts for yourself, just watch the embedded video.
Meet Jason Beauregard. Jason is a production executive who built and lead a team of social media production specialist at VaynerMedia. During his four years at VaynerMedia Jason grew the production team from 5 to 60 production professional, across the New York, Los Angeles, and London VaynerMedia offices, built a 30,000 square foot production studio in Long Island City, and won numerous Telly, Clio, Webby and Cannes Lion awards, including YouTube’s Video of the Year award in 2016. His work defined VaynerMedia’s production capabilities, which helped them win digital AOR for all Diageo brands, Chase Bank, Snapchat, Budweiser, and Mondelēz. Jason’s team at VaynerMedia quickly became the model agency/production company for Facebook, Instagram and Snap Chat, setting benchmark standards for content, distribution, and best practices across all social channels.
#ThisWeekWithSabir Audio Experience
Check out the $100,000 Expert Insights – Part 2: Creatives to Boost ROI and Brand Recognition with Jason Beauregard