Magic Spoon is huge right now. It’s one of the fastest-growing health food companies in the United States and the interview below was conducted at the height of its popularity.
If you’ve ever wondered how founders of successful companies get to where they are, and what sort of techniques they employ to remain there, this is the guide for you.
Here is just a summary of the many things that you can learn:
- Do You Need a Unique Idea? How many great ideas do you have for a business? Write them down, plot them out, and then ask yourself how many of them are actually achievable. Chances are, they’ll be too expensive or too unfeasible, with regulations, limited supply chains, and inexperience getting in your way. Oftentimes, the best ideas are not wholly original and are just distinctive enough to stand out from the crowd.
- You Make the Name: A name is important, and a lot of money is spent on creating the perfect names. But as a founder on a limited budget, you don’t need to worry about any of that. You make the name what it is, so just make sure you have something original and something that doesn’t sound stupid (puns are rarely a good idea, for instance) and it will do all of the work itself.
- Time to Think: The early days of launching a business are exciting. You want to move quickly and get stuck in, but it’s important to take your time. Think things through, plan for potential issues, and make sure you’re prepared for all eventualities.
- Don’t Force It: If you have a business idea that needs a lot of capital and you simply don’t have the funds, it’s time to put the idea on the backburner and do something else. It’s important not to force it and launch a business that hasn’t been adequately prepared or funded. Remember, there are many more great ideas out there, and you can always return to those troubled ones when you have more funds or experience.
- Build a Team: Every successful business has a strong and dedicated team behind them. You need to find people who will work as hard as you do and devote all of their time to growing your business. A few lazy and inexperienced employees could destroy your business at this early stage.
- Get The Right Advice: There is a lot of advice out there, but you need to make sure that it comes from people who have experience in your field and with businesses of your size. Relevancy is very important, and a new business operating on a shoestring budget likely won’t benefit from the recommendations of an individual who has only ever worked with multi-million-dollar brands.
At the end of this extensive guide, you will find Magic Spoon’s number 1 recommendation, something that all founders should implement if they want to succeed. So, make sure you read to the end, and take notes, as you don’t want to miss any of this!
Meet Greg & Gabi. Gabi and Greg are two of the most ambitious and talented young entrepreneurs in the United States. They featured on the Forbes “30 entrepreneurs under 30” list and their latest venture, Magic Spoon, earned a place on the Times Magazine list of the best inventions of 2019.
If anyone can teach you about launching a successful e-commerce business, it’s these guys.
I sat down with Gabi, one half of this esteemed partnership, to talk about entrepreneurship and to discuss the story of Magic Spoon, as well as his experiences with ExoProtein.
Watch and take notes.
Check out the $100,000 Expert Insights – Part 2: The Magic Spoon Journey with Gabi & Greg